sunglassis

sunglassis

Saturday, April 23, 2011

WOULD I SIT NEXT TO ME?

To answer Carl's question the answer would have to be no.

Not because I put out don't come near me vibes, but because there is a certain air about me which can be translated as unapproachable. If you sit next to me on a bus and start a conversation with me, I will listen to what you have to say.
If I have to watch me on a bus, at first glance you'll see me with a book or magazine, maybe headphones too. What first strikes me is something about me ( and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what that is yet) that forces me to stand out. I've been stared at most of my life and it makes me uncomfortable because I don't know why.
I get that a lot.

And if I look back is only trying to figure out what you're looking at.
I know myself pretty well and its not something I purposely do to get noticed, quite the opposite. I enjoy the background in most everything I do in my every day life.
Hesitation to approach me follows.
Once the ice is broken  you will find a friendly warm person.
A while back I invited an old acquaintance back to my apartment in New York City and she was shocked to discover I had plants, liked colors, had a cat and kilims all over my furniture.
Do you actually live here?...
To this day that perplexing seemingly innocent question haunts me.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm you have a very interesting observation about your self. Just seeing your art work and reading the things you say I find you to be bold,creative,interesting,opinionated. Keep up with the excellent works of art,and blogging ! Your fun to read !!

    ReplyDelete